Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Downloading Audio Files

From NetLibrary I downloaded and listened to Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Eleanor Coerr. I chose this title for several reasons:
  • I am very familiar with the print copy and wondered how the this format would compare.
  • The book isn't very long so I knew that it would be downloaded quickly.
  • It is a selection that I could listen to in one sitting.

The download went very smoothly and the narrator's voice and inflections held my interest. It's comparable to a well-read book on tape or CD.

I wanted to compare this experience with a download from MyMediaMall and am disappointed that I was not successful. MyMediaMall refused to recognize my library card number and PIN.

I successfully downloaded and listened to 2 songs from SoundClick, the blues selection "Beale Street Blues" (Kurt Lewis Neufer, Kurt & the Blues Cats) and a country tune "Gotta Find You" (Paul Wilson and Joanne T.). This too was easy and went well. The biggest problem was trying to decide what I wanted to download.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

My pin is not recognized either. It is because we were some of the first to be given pins a long time back. I had one staff member who had to get a whole new library card number. Great job. Thanks for participating.